Ep #30: SEO for Financial Advisors with Brent Carnduff
January 06, 2016
This week, we're talking with Brent Carnduff, an SEO expert and the owner of Advisor Web Marketing. I initially met Brent when he worked with me on the creation of the Serenity Financial Consulting website a few years ago; he completely blew my mind. Time and time again, Brent has shown me how much of a difference even a small amount of focused time spent on SEO can make to a business. Today’s conversation was incredibly fun and informative. Brent starts from the beginning, explaining what exactly SEO (or search engine optimization) is and what it means for financial advisors. Join Brent and I as we nerd out on SEO, explore the four areas of SEO for financial advisors, and share how you can leverage each one of them for your firm's site. You don’t want to miss this episode -- it's chock full of information and even some tricks that you can easily implement today that will have a dramatic effect on your business. Listen in below!
Listen to the Full Interview:
What You'll Learn From This Episode:
- Brent’s path to becoming an SEO expert.
- How a side hustle became Brent’s career.
- The meaning of SEO for financial advisors.
- How to get ranked in Google.
- Why you need to Google yourself.
- The old SEO myths that you need to stop believing immediately.
- The difference between on and off page authority.
- Where you need to start laying the groundwork for success.
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with Brent: Advisor Web Marketing | Blog | Facebook | LinkedIn | Twitter
- XYPN Radio Ep #27: Outsource Your Marketing to Grow Your Firm with XYPN’s Director of Marketing Kali Hawlk
- XYPN Radio Ep #14: The Career of Daniel Wrenne – From Northwestern Mutual Insurance Agent to Fee-Only Financial Planner
- XYPN Radio Ep #4: Blogging Your Way To The Top with Jeff Rose
- Wealth Box CRM
- California Lutheran University
- In The Plex: How Google Thinks, Works and Shapes Our Lives by Steven Levy
- Stephanie Sammons
- Google My Business
- Moz Local
This Episode Is Sponsored by:
You May Also Like
These Related Episodes