Ep #139: Building a Marketing Funnel to Grow Your Firm - The Career of Jen Mastrud - XYPN's Director of Marketing
February 14, 2018
XYPN's very own Jen Mastrud joins us on todays episode to share the exciting career path that's built her expertise and brought her to the point of thriving as XYPN's Director of Content Marketing. Jen's history working as a public speaker for a small university, a PR Director for a Poker company and now as the person in charge of XYPN's marketing has stretched and developed her skillset as an effective marketer.
In this episode, Jen shares the insights she's gained to help financial advisors take their marketing from non-existent or mediocre to a highly effective but efficient operation. You'll hear her experience as Director of Marketing for XYPN, the specific marketing strategies that have been highly effective, the areas where advisors are best suited to start if they haven't done much marketing and how they can go about it. Don't miss this incredibly helpful and instructive episode.
Listen to the Full Interview:
What You'll Learn from This Episode:
- What content marketing looked like before the internet.
- Exactly how much information you should be giving away in your content marketing.
- Why listbuilding, especially at the beginning, is critically important and what to do to get started.
- The surprise 'faux press release' strategy Jen used to get massive PR for her previous company.
- What "earned media" is and how Jen uses it to build XYPN's client list.
- The best ways to start building a list as an advisor.
- How to determine the value of a customer, and how much you can spend to get each new customer.
- The minimum amount of time new advisors need to be dedicating to marketing efforts.
Featured on the Show:
- Jen Mastrud: Linkedin | Twitter
- Carl Richards
- First Year Budget Template
- Compliance Guide
- Michael Kitces
- Meet Edgar
- Patrick Brewer - Eipsode 130
This Episode Sponsored By:
Support for today’s episode comes from Ruby Receptionists, the only live remote receptionist service dedicated to helping financial service professionals win more clients and build trust. From their studio in Portland, Oregon, Ruby's friendly, professional receptionists ensure exceptional client experiences by answering calls live in English or Spanish, transferring calls, taking messages, addressing common questions, collecting new client intake, making follow up call and more—just like an in-house receptionist, at a fraction of the cost. Let Ruby help you turn rings into relationships! For a special offer visit callruby.com/XYPN and use promocode XYPN Or call (844) 853-7829
You May Also Like
These Related Episodes