Ep #278: Motherhood and Firm Ownership: How To Master Both: An Interview with Morgen Rochard
October 21, 2020
We’re excited to have XYPN member Morgen Rochard, owner of Origin Wealth Advisors, a fee-only firm out of Austin, TX, on the show today. Morgen joined us on episode 178 to share her journey transitioning from a trader to a firm owner.
Today, Morgen joins the show to share what she’s been up to over the past few years, specifically how she continues to run a high revenue business with just 25 clients, working 8-10 hours a week. Morgen discusses what it was like to delegate some of the major responsibilities to one of her teammates, why she limits the number of clients she takes, and how she has incorporated life planning into her firm for a more authentic relationship. Most importantly, she gives great advice to any working parent out there who dreams of one day starting a firm.
If you’re interested in what it’s like being a parent and business owner, then this show is for you.
Listen to the Full Interview:
What You'll Learn from This Episode:
- How Morgen’s company has changed in the last two years and how she got into starting her own firm (00:02:45)
- How Morgen’s work style shaped the way she works (00:08:13)
- The why and how behind Morgen working 8-10 hour weeks and learning how to delegate (00:14:03)
- Morgen’s journey to becoming a good boss and creating a fun work environment (00:19:28)
- Why Morgen’s firm is only 25 clients and will likely stay that size (00:23:53)
- How Morgen managed to write a book in the midst of everything (00:26:09)
- How life planning became a part of Morgen’s practice and the balance she is able to find between work and family (00:34:02)
- Advice for women listeners looking to start their own firm or just in the industry (00:40:27)
- Why imposter syndrome should not be something to hold you back and how she got over the feeling (00:46:40)
Featured on the Show:
- Morgen Rochard: Website | LinkedIn | Podcast
- Morgen’s book
- XYPN EP #178: transitioning from trader to financial planner - the career of morgen-rochard
- Kinder Institute - Life Planners
- Evoke Life Planning - Training
- CFA Institute
- Jocko Willink Podcast
- XYPN EP #274: life planning as a fiduciary responsibility - an interview with george kinder and lora woodward
This Episode is Sponsored By:
Avocado toast. Selfies. A mountain of student loan debt. Gen Y is anything but traditional and with over 75 million people, it's a population you don't want to ignore. Learn more about how to serve this unique population in our guide, "Attract and Profitably Serve Millennial Clients in Your RIA." Discover three key ways to tap into the millennial market and the six things they want from their financial advisor. Visit www.xyplanningnetwork.com/millennials for your free copy.
Get the Full Episode Transcript:
Read the Transcript Below:
You May Also Like
These Related Episodes