Life Planning as a Fiduciary Responsibility
September 23, 2020
We’re honored to have George Kinder, who many know as the founder of life planning, and Lora Woodward, Communications Director at the Kinder Institute, on the show today to discuss the Seven Stages of Money Maturity Post-Conference they have planned for #XYPNLIVE(ish).
On today’s episode, we hear from George and Lora about what advisors can expect during the two-day training and what they can expect out of incorporating life planning into their firm. Lora and George discuss how life planning has the power to transform the standard client/advisor relationship and turn a financial planning engagement into a long-term, meaningful relationship. George and Lora remind us that listening and mindfulness are fundamentals of the client/advisor relationship.
We’re excited to welcome George as a Keynote at XYPNLIVE(ish), as well as provide access to this two-day life planning training. If you’re interested in how to incorporate life planning into your firm and how to create genuine and authentic relationships with your clients, then this episode is for you.
Listen to the Full Interview:
What You'll Learn from This Episode:
- An introduction of what life planning is and how George got into it (00:05:57)
- The three questions advisors incorporate into their client conversations as a life planner (00:13:12)
- The concept of a pause and why slowing down and taking a moment creates space to feel at ease (00:21:37)
- Where the line between life planner and therapist exists (00:26:16)
- How to have meaningful conversations with clients that doesn’t require taking notes (28:04)
- How to incorporate life planning into your existing client base (00:31:22)
- Proving to clients that you are a fiduciary and trustworthy rather than just a financial advisor (00:37:43)
- Why advisors will not have to worry about clients saying they are not interested in life planning (00:44:49)
Featured on the Show:
- George Kinder: Website | LinkedIn
- Lora Woodward: Website | LinkedIn
- #XYPNLIVE(ish) 2020
- Post-Con: Add-On Events
- #XYPNLIVE(ish) Post-Conference: Seven Stages of Money Maturity® 2-day Workshop with George Kinder
- EVOKE®: 5 Day Training
- Study by Daniel Gilbert and Matthew Killingsworth
- Mentorship Program
- Louis Vollebregt
- Ep #253: How To Communicate Authentically with Clients During a Time of Crisis
This Episode is Sponsored By:
Avocado toast. Selfies. A mountain of student loan debt. Gen Y is anything but traditional and with over 75 million people, it's a population you don't want to ignore. Learn more about how to serve this unique population in our guide, "Attract and Profitably Serve Millennial Clients in Your RIA." Discover three key ways to tap into the millennial market and the six things they want from their financial advisor. Visit www.xyplanningnetwork.com/millennials for your free copy.
Get the Full Episode Transcript:
Read the Transcript Below:
You May Also Like
These Related Episodes