Ep #140: Leveraging the Power of the Media to Build a Wildly Successful RIA Working with the LGBT Community - The Career of David Rae
February 21, 2018
Finding a fulfilling and effective niche can take quite a bit of time and stress. If you take the time to truly figure out what fits your skills and passions, massive success is almost guaranteed. David Rae came into the financial advisor field with a theatre background and a passion for the LGBT community. He shares his unique niche and how his passions have helped his business take off in an incredible way.
Listen to the Full Interview:
What You'll Learn from This Episode:
- How he found a niche market that works so well for him.
- How David's background in theater has boosted his marketing success.
- The main issues he ran into while working in a broker dealer.
What it's like going from broker dealer to RIA.
- What it's like working with his spouse and why they work from a home office.
- Why being selective with your clients makes things easier in the long run.
- The reality of discrimination within the industry and why it made a perfect opening for him.
- How to maximize your marketing when working with the media.
- The advantages and disadvantages of having a lifestyle practice vs. growing a bigger firm.
Featured on the Show:
- David Rae: Website | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube
- Michael Kitces
- Hip Latina Magazine
- Aids LifeCycle
- Rick Edelman
- Dave Ramsey
This Episode Sponsored By:
Support for today’s episode comes from Ruby Receptionists, the only live remote receptionist service dedicated to helping financial service professionals win more clients and build trust. From their studio in Portland, Oregon, Ruby's friendly, professional receptionists ensure exceptional client experiences by answering calls live in English or Spanish, transferring calls, taking messages, addressing common questions, collecting new client intake, making follow up call and more—just like an in-house receptionist, at a fraction of the cost. Let Ruby help you turn rings into relationships! For a special offer visit callruby.com/XYPN and use promocode XYPN Or call (844) 853-7829
You May Also Like
These Related Episodes