Ep #196: From Olympic Athlete to Financial Planner - The Career of Lauryn Williams
March 20, 2019
My guest today is XYPN member Lauryn Williams, founder of Worth Winning and the only American to have medaled in both the summer and winter Olympics. She joins the show to share her experience starting a financial planning firm as her athletic career came to a close and the major challenges she faced along the way.
Listen in to hear Lauryn open up about what it was like transitioning into the financial planning industry, as well as what made her want to join the field in the first place. You'll learn why she decided to start her own advisory business after working at a couple of other firms, how she's targeting three different niches, and how she has managed to keep going after plenty of setbacks along her road to success.
Listen to the Full Interview:
What You'll Learn from This Episode:
- Lauryn’s amazing journey from being a college athlete to medaling in the Olympics.
- How she got into financial planning.
- Her struggles with trying to find the right advisor.
- What it was like transitioning from being an athlete to joining the workforce.
- How her grit and perseverance landed her a job in the industry.
- The common trait among successful people.
- What made Lauryn decide to start her own firm.
- Her experience in her first year of running the business.
- How she overcame imposter syndrome.
- The three niches she serves.
- Her big upcoming projects.
- Advice she would give her younger self.
Featured on the Show:
- Lauryn Williams: Website | LinkedIn | XYPN Profile
- Katie Brewer
- Heather Jarvis
- The International Olympic Committee
- XYPN PAUSE: Business Strategy Program
- XYPN Live Radio
- XYPN VIP Community
This Episode is Sponsored By:
Is bookkeeping a major pain point for you? If so, you’re not alone. Many financial advisors hate bookkeeping, and guess what? They’re often terrible at it too! Enter the Bean Team at FA Bean Counters, powered by XY Planning Network. Their free Chart of Accounts Template will help you tackle one of the most basic, but often incorrectly done, bookkeeping tasks. Visit fabeancounters.com/xypnradio to download the template and learn how to set up your Chart of Accounts like a pro.
You May Also Like
These Related Episodes