Ep #216: From the NFL to Starting a Firm - The Career of Kevin Mahoney
August 14, 2019
Kevin Mahoney started his career in sports business, working for the NFL. After years of pursuing that occupation—as well as a career in real estate—Kevin decided to transition into entrepreneurship, and is now the founder and CEO of the virtual financial planning firm Illumint.
Listen in as he opens up about the challenges he faced starting his own firm, having never worked in a firm before. We discuss what he did to up his conversion rate to 75% over the past year, the biggest successes and failures he experienced while starting up his own business, and what you can learn from his wins and losses.
Listen to the Full Interview:
What You'll Learn from This Episode:
- An overview of Kevin's career.
- What it’s like starting a financial planning firm…having never worked in a firm before.
- How Kevin upped his conversion rate to 75%.
- How he doubled his clients over the past seven months.
- His biggest wins and losses over the past two years.
- His vision for the future of his business.
- Why he made the switch from sports business to financial planning.
- How hard the first year of opening a firm can be.
Featured on the Show:
This Episode is Sponsored By:
Have you ever wished there was someone to handle the time-consuming tasks of researching, performing due diligence, monitoring, trading, and rebalancing your firm’s assets under management? Or someone to facilitate trading, rebalancing, reporting, billing, and invoicing for your firm? XY Investment Solutions, powered by XY Planning Network handles all that and more, leaving you free to focus on what you do best: serving your clients. Learn more about this turnkey asset management platform built for the next generation of financial planners at xyinvestmentsolutions.com.
You May Also Like
These Related Episodes