Ep #114: How to Track Your Key Performance Indicators as You Start Your RIA with Shawn Tydlaska
August 23, 2017
Sound business decisions are made when you have accurate and helpful data to back them up. Unfortunately, it seems that many advisors - especially those with smaller businesses - are not tracking their metrics and gathering this important data. Shawn Tydlaska joins us again to shed some light on the simple methods he uses to track data and how this data has helped his business thrive in a relatively short time.
In this episode, Shawn not only reveals what types of data can be helpful to collect; he also shares the methods he uses to collect, organize, and analyze this data. He puts a lot of emphasis on making data tracking a routine or habit that you consciously schedule so that it doesn’t go undone. Shawn also highlights the rewards you get when you accurately track data and can look back over the years and see what went wrong and what went right.
Listen to the Full Interview:
What You'll Learn from This Episode:
- Why it’s important to track many different types of data.
- What types of data to track and how.
- How the types of data you track can and will change as your business grows.
- Why it’s so important to set time to review your data - rather than push this task off.
- How the data you gather can significantly change your decision making skills.
Featured on the Show:
- Ep #103: From Zero to 38 Clients in 12 Months: How Shawn Tydlaska is Growing His New RIA
- Shawn's Business Planning Worksheet
- Shawn's Data Gathering Worksheet
- Ep #87: Building A Monthly Retainer Firm In Brazil: The Career of André Novaes
You May Also Like
These Related Episodes