Empowering Your Finances: Lessons from Ministry to Money Management
With Jeff Clark
Episode No. 369 | September 06, 2023
Jeff Clark CFP®
Join us for an insightful episode as we extend a warm welcome to XYPN member Jeff Clark CFP®, founder of Redwood Money. From youth ministry to personal finance, Jeff’s journey wasn’t simple. In his church, Jeff offered to help his peers with their finances, but soon had the attention of a congregation also in need!
Following this path, he found himself in FinTech, able to learn from experts in the field. This stepping stone gave him the knowledge and confidence to strike out on his own. In 2021, he did just that.
Cataloging his growth 2 years later, he has exceeded all expectations. With Jeff's practice expanding at an impressive pace, culminating in a hiatus from new client engagements for the latter half of 2023. He credits much of his success to the support of friends, family, and peers much like those in his XYPN Mastermind Group. Jeff and his wife are on the brink of welcoming their second child.
For those looking into how their current support systems can bolster their practice, this episode is for you!
Listen to the Full Interview:
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN FROM THIS EPISODE:
- After recently hitting his client cap, Jeff reached out to talk about his journey over the last 20 months.
- Starting out as a fresh graduate of bible college and a youth pastor for his church, Jeff was drawn to leading members of his church through investing strategy.
- Jeff was hired by BrightPlan as a writer and used this as an opportunity to learn from 40 years of financial planning expertise.
- With the support of his community both in person and online, Jeff launched his own firm in 2021.
- At the beginning of 2023, with his firm having found tremendous success, Jeff created a retrospective “advisory board” to really dig down on where to go moving forward.
Watch the Full Interview:
Featured on the Show: This Episode is Sponsored By:
This Episode is Sponsored By:
Read the Transcript Below:
Alan Moore: Also, be sure to go to XYPlanningNetwork.com/VIP to join our private Facebook group for fee-for-service advisors. It's the community you've been looking for that's there to support you no matter where you are in your journey—best of all, it's free. Again, that's XYPlanningNetwork.com/VIP.
Alan Moore: Thanks for listening to XYPN Radio. If you enjoyed the show, please be sure to leave a review that will help grow the movement of fee-for-service advisors, serving next gen clients and building the firms of their dreams. That's all for today's episode, until next time.
You May Also Like
These Related Episodes