Our guest on this episode is the leading expert on financial planning technology, Bill Winterberg. Bill is the owner of FPPad, creator of Building Trust Online, and the host of Bits and Bytes, a weekly video series where he highlights three important technology news items or updates that have happened over the past week.
Bill is known across the financial planning world as the go-to expert on financial planning technology. With his help, you can easily stay on top of the ever-changing world of fin-tech.
Bill joins us today to dive into the massive changes that we are seeing for advisors in the financial planning profession when it comes to technology. We delve into Bill’s outlook on the current state of financial planning: what’s new, what’s coming, and where the money is flowing from.
We also address the topic of robo-advisors and how he’s actually partially responsible for the proliferation of the word itslef.
Listen to the Full Interview:
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- How Bill’s experiences have brought him full circle.
- How Bill leveraged his skills to become an advisor.
- Why FPPad was created.
- Why Bill is nervous about the changes in the industry.
- Bill’s predictions for the future of the technology behind financial planning.
- Where Bill feels the prime targets of outside acquisition are.
- Bill’s objectives with his FPPad tech tour.
- Why videos are so powerful.
- Why technology is one of your most helpful tools in your business.
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with Bill: FPPad | Subscribe to FPPad | Bits and Bytes | Building Trust Online
- Orion Discover
- Thin Technologies
- eMoney Advisor
- Money Guide Pro
- Advisor Software
This Episode Is Sponsored by: