About Wendy Hubbard, CFP®, EA
Hi. I’m Wendy Hubbard, and I started Heirloom Financial Services because I believe everyone should have access to a financial planner, no matter how much money they have in the bank. I help clients eliminate financial worries and replace them with confident plans to reach their goals. It is my privilege to provide comprehensive financial planning and investment management through fee-only services. Since I don’t sell any products, I am free of the conflicts of interest that can arise from commission-based sales.
The clients I work with most frequently include pre-retirees, women facing transitions in life and those dealing with sudden money from an inheritance or windfall. Together, we will develop a plan to put you on the right track to reach your financial goals. You can stop worrying and get back to enjoying life.
I’ve been fortunate to draw on ten years of multidisciplinary experience helping clients with their financial needs. During this time, I worked hard to earn my Master’s Degree in Finance, become a Certified Financial Planner™ and an Enrolled Agent, which is the highest designation awarded by the IRS. The fact that I did all this while working full time demonstrates my belief in setting and achieving goals. With my expertise, I can help you with retirement planning, getting out of debt, making large financial decisions, optimizing your employee benefits, preserving and growing an inheritance or windfall, and more. I also provide second opinions if you have questions about the financial advice you’ve been given.
Along the way I’ve earned credentials that give me the expertise I need to do a great job for my clients:
• Completed educational, exam, experience and ethics requirements to become a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
• Received my Masters in Finance from Indiana University
• Received my Bachelor of Applied Science in Management from Southern Oregon University
I’ve also had to overcome some substantial obstacles along the way:
• Widowed at a young age while expecting my first child (who is now 26!)
• Plane crash that took my dad’s life
• Death of my youngest sister from ovarian cancer a month after starting my Master’s program
• Life-threatening stroke that nearly took my husband’s life and left him with a long recovery (he’s doing great now!)
• Learning how to help a parent with dementia
All of these events have provided me with an abundance of empathy for my clients who face similar challenges. They have also taught me over and over again what is most important in life and what is not.
When I’m not helping my clients, I love to spend time with my family. My favorite activities include reading, baking, gardening and traveling (especially away from Phoenix in the summer).
If you’d like to talk to me about your financial goals and needs, you can easily schedule a complimentary consultation with me right on my website.
- Gen X
- In Transition
- Retirement Planning
- Women Professionals
Ways Advisor Charges
- Monthly Fee
- Flat Fee
- Monthly Fee: $250 + $1500+/up front
- Hourly Fee: $250
- Flat Fee: $2500+