Scott Smith, CFP® Olympia Ridge, LLC
- Virtual, Rochester Hills, MI 48306
- (248) 385-2334
About Scott Smith, CFP®
Hi. I’m Scott Smith, and I started Olympia Ridge to focus on providing Fee-Only financial planning services to individuals and families from all income levels. I enjoy working with people like me.
How is Olympia Ridge different than most financial advisers?
1. We are Fee Only – This means that we do not accept commission compensation or kickbacks from any party for anything. Our clients compensate us directly for our advice and services using either an easy monthly or quarterly retainer, or if more convenient, on a project basis. No conflicts of interest!! We hold ourselves to the highest fiduciary standard. Period.
2. We are Independent – We are not accountable to recommend any specific insurance or mutual fund company product, nor are we affiliated with any banking institution. This allows us to recommend the best solutions for our clients without being dictated to recommend specific solutions over another
3. Holistic and Comprehensive – We offer help in the following areas:
Financial Goal Setting
Cash Flow Design
Tax planning and forecasting
Risk Analysis / Insurance
Real Estate Analysis
4. We believe in Functional Financial Planning – Functional Financial planning is the practice of ensuring that personal finances function within each client’s lives. What works for one client may not necessarily be the best solution for another client.
Clients, with assistance from Olympia Ridge, develop and execute a financial plan that works into their life and into their goals. Each situation is different and each person or family treats money differently. We work out these details with clients so they can have peace of mind.
I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner. I believe that finances should function within each client’s unique situation and do not believe you can give all clients the same cookie cutter advice or a pre-defined solution. I believe that financial planning is an enduring process that will take many different directions as people progress through their life.
When not working, you will find Scott spending time with his family and friends, traveling to the Caribbean, or at a Cars and Coffee show in the Metro Detroit area.
For years, millions of Americans have used Pre-Tax 401k plans as the basis for their retirement savings. The government helped promote the 401k as a “simple solution” to save and invest in your retirement, without the need to pay taxes as you accumulate savings. However, while 401k plans work for some, they are not without [...]
Whenever new tech threatens to interfere or displace an existing system or process, people tend to assume that it is merely a fad and will not catch on. While this is definitely not true all of the time, there is plenty of data to justify this assumption. In the majority of cases, new startups and [...]
The federal reserve has been in the news a lot recently as investors and politicians in Washington D.C. scrutinize the agency and the effect it has had on the U.S. economy. Critics of the federal reserve believe that it holds too much power over national and global markets, while proponents see it as a necessary [...]