Scott Smith, CFP® Olympia Ridge, LLC
- Virtual, Rochester Hills, MI 48306
- (248) 385-2334
About Scott Smith, CFP®
Hi. I’m Scott Smith, and I started Olympia Ridge to focus on providing Fee-Only financial planning services to individuals and families from all income levels. I enjoy working with people like me.
How is Olympia Ridge different than most financial advisers?
1. We are Fee Only – This means that we do not accept commission compensation or kickbacks from any party for anything. Our clients compensate us directly for our advice and services using either an easy monthly or quarterly retainer, or if more convenient, on a project basis. No conflicts of interest!! We hold ourselves to the highest fiduciary standard. Period.
2. We are Independent – We are not accountable to recommend any specific insurance or mutual fund company product, nor are we affiliated with any banking institution. This allows us to recommend the best solutions for our clients without being dictated to recommend specific solutions over another
3. Holistic and Comprehensive – We offer help in the following areas:
Financial Goal Setting
Cash Flow Design
Tax planning and forecasting
Risk Analysis / Insurance
Real Estate Analysis
4. We believe in Functional Financial Planning – Functional Financial planning is the practice of ensuring that personal finances function within each client’s lives. What works for one client may not necessarily be the best solution for another client.
Clients, with assistance from Olympia Ridge, develop and execute a financial plan that works into their life and into their goals. Each situation is different and each person or family treats money differently. We work out these details with clients so they can have peace of mind.
I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner. I believe that finances should function within each client’s unique situation and do not believe you can give all clients the same cookie cutter advice or a pre-defined solution. I believe that financial planning is an enduring process that will take many different directions as people progress through their life.
When not working, you will find Scott spending time with his family and friends, traveling to the Caribbean, or at a Cars and Coffee show in the Metro Detroit area.
Extreme weather has wreaked havoc across the US in the past few years. From Hurricanes Sandy, Irma and Harvey, to wildfires in Washington, Idaho, and Montana, it’s hard to miss the impact on the world around us. Couple this with worldwide terrorist attacks and North Korea fears being prepared is of paramount importance. This [...]
At first glance, the word debt might give you hives. There’s a lot of click bait articles and talking heads on tv that repeat over and over the debt crisis in the US. It seems like everyone is up to their eyeballs in debt, which might give you nightmares. The truth of it though is [...]
Is retirement on your mind? Probably so, since it seems like everywhere you look there are headlines declaring how every American is deeply unprepared for retirement. While it’s true that retirement has changed in the last two decades, it’s not true that every individual is unprepared to leave the workforce. If you’ve been diligent about [...]