Meg Bartelt, CFP®, MSFP Flow Financial Planning, LLC
About Meg Bartelt, CFP®, MSFP, MS, RLP®
Hi, I’m Meg. I’m the founder and lead planner at Flow Financial Planning. We are dedicated to women in their early-to-mid career in the tech industry.
We help women take advantage of the many financial opportunities that the tech industry offers. We want you to build a strong financial foundation so that you have more choice in both your personal and professional lives.
• Make more money than you expected to? Are you anxious that you’re not doing the right thing with it?
• Have no one in your life you can talk to about your money?
• Have more money than you need right now, and you don’t want to waste this opportunity?
• Receive company stock but are unsure how to use it?
• Dream about leaving the tech industry, but wonder how you could walk away?
• Live in a high cost-of-living area and dream of buying a home?
Together we can work through it all. Get more clarity on what you want in life. Identify specific tasks you can do to organize, simplify, and strengthen your finances, so you can create that life for yourself.
I also know that your financial future depends as much on your career as it does on traditional financial guidance. In addition to being your financial guide, I want to help you cultivate a broader community of professionals–from recruiters to health professionals to career coaches–to grow your career, despite the stress and frustration that you can so often feel in this industry.
My credentials and education:
• Certified Financial Planner® professional
• Registered Life Planner®
• Masters of Science in Financial Planning, Golden Gate University
• Bachelor of Arts in Economics, Wellesley College
Prior to becoming a financial planner, I worked as a technical writer for 10 years in the San Francisco Bay Area, mostly in the software-security sector.
After San Francisco and two cross-country moves, my family settled in Bellingham, WA. (I can see Canada from my front porch!) So many of my interests—hiking, biking, cooking, yoga, never-ending kale—are part of the fabric of life here.
If you’d like to get some financial clarity, please set up a FREE consultation. If nothing else, check out my blog. Every week I write about issues pertinent to women in tech. You don’t want to miss the Adventures of Block Woman, do you?
Don’t let anyone tell you that wealthy people don’t invest in mutual funds, stocks, and bonds. These traditional investment categories are the backbone of most portfolios and, in many cases, […]
Should I invest in the stock market?Should I invest in crypto?Should I use Robinhood?Should I keep my money as cash? When you start thinking about investing your money, these are […]
The post When You Invest, Start with the Right Questions (Hint: They’re Pretty Simple) appeared first on Flow Financial Planning.
Do you have a charitable spirit? Maybe you already give some money away. Perhaps you want to start giving. Are you stymied by the “But HOW exactly?” of charitable giving? […]
- Equity Recipients (RS/RSU SOP ESPP)
- Technology Professionals
- Women Professionals
- Women's Finance
Ways Advisor Charges
- Monthly Fee
- Quarterly Fee
- Flat Fee
- Monthly Fee: $500+/mo
- Quarterly Fee: $1,500+/qtr
- Flat Fee: $6,000+/engagement