Meg Bartelt, CFP®, MSFP Flow Financial Planning, LLC
About Meg Bartelt, CFP®, MSFP, MS, RLP®
Hi, I’m Meg. I’m the founder and lead planner at Flow Financial Planning. We are dedicated to women in their early-to-mid career in the tech industry.
We help women take advantage of the many financial opportunities that the tech industry offers. We want you to build a strong financial foundation so that you have more choice in both your personal and professional lives.
• Make more money than you expected to? Are you anxious that you’re not doing the right thing with it?
• Have no one in your life you can talk to about your money?
• Have more money than you need right now, and you don’t want to waste this opportunity?
• Receive company stock but are unsure how to use it?
• Dream about leaving the tech industry, but wonder how you could walk away?
• Live in a high cost-of-living area and dream of buying a home?
Together we can work through it all. Get more clarity on what you want in life. Identify specific tasks you can do to organize, simplify, and strengthen your finances, so you can create that life for yourself.
I also know that your financial future depends as much on your career as it does on traditional financial guidance. In addition to being your financial guide, I want to help you cultivate a broader community of professionals–from recruiters to health professionals to career coaches–to grow your career, despite the stress and frustration that you can so often feel in this industry.
My credentials and education:
• Certified Financial Planner® professional
• Registered Life Planner®
• Masters of Science in Financial Planning, Golden Gate University
• Bachelor of Arts in Economics, Wellesley College
Prior to becoming a financial planner, I worked as a technical writer for 10 years in the San Francisco Bay Area, mostly in the software-security sector.
After San Francisco and two cross-country moves, my family settled in Bellingham, WA. (I can see Canada from my front porch!) So many of my interests—hiking, biking, cooking, yoga, never-ending kale—are part of the fabric of life here.
If you’d like to get some financial clarity, please set up a FREE consultation. If nothing else, check out my blog. Every week I write about issues pertinent to women in tech. You don’t want to miss the Adventures of Block Woman, do you?
My blog posts about investing are usually just so damn boring. But this time, this time, I …shoot, no, it’s just more of the same. At least this time I […]
The post This time with feeling: Keep your investing simple to get better returns. appeared first on Flow Financial Planning.
But, Meg, what will I live on? A delightful and Highly Suspicious client asked me this recently when I was talking with her about not only maxing out her participation […]
The post Is your take-home pay too tiny to live on? That’s okay! We can make it work. appeared first on Flow Financial Planning.
Were you thinking about buying a home two years ago, but dang, those prices were just so hiiiigh? Ha ha ha ha. You thought prices were high then. We work […]
The post Houses are crazy expensive. But the real question is: Are you ready to settle down? appeared first on Flow Financial Planning.
- Equity Recipients (RS/RSU SOP ESPP)
- Technology Professionals
- Women Professionals
- Women's Finance
Ways Advisor Charges
- Monthly Fee
- Quarterly Fee
- Flat Fee
- Monthly Fee: $500+/mo
- Quarterly Fee: $1,500+/qtr
- Flat Fee: $6,000+/engagement