Meg Bartelt, CFP®, MSFP Flow Financial Planning, LLC
About Meg Bartelt, CFP®, MS, MSFP
Hi, I’m Meg Bartelt. I educate and empower women in tech.
I help both married and single women take advantage of the many financial opportunities that the tech industry offers.
* Feel stuck because you have so many goals but only a limited amount of time and money?
* Receive company stock but are unsure how to use it?
* Live in a high cost-of-living area and dream of buying a home?
* Have a 401(k) and want to make sure you’re using it right?
* Want to be tax-savvy in all your financial decisions?
Together we can clarify your goals and priorities, figure out solutions to these concerns, and determine specific steps you need to take.
I know that your financial future depends as much on your career as it does on traditional financial guidance. In addition to being your financial guide, then, I want to help you cultivate a broader community of professionals–from recruiters to health professionals to career coaches–to grow your career, despite the persistent gender gaps in pay, leadership and technical roles, and ownership that the industry suffers from.
My credentials and education:
* Certified Financial Planner(R) professional.
* Masters of Science in Financial Planning, Golden Gate University
* Bachelor of Arts in Economics, Wellesley College
* A tradition of wanting to know your story first, finances second
Prior to becoming a financial planner, I worked as a technical writer for 10 years in the San Francisco Bay Area, mostly in the software-security sector. I was often the only woman in the engineering group.
After two cross-country moves, my family has settled in Bellingham, WA. (I can see Canada from my front porch!) So many of my interests—hiking, biking, cooking, yoga, never-ending kale—are part of the fabric of life here.
If you’d like to get some financial clarity, please set up a FREE consultation. If nothing else, check out my blog. Every week I write about issues pertinent to women in tech. You don’t want to miss the Adventures of Block Woman, do you?
Last week, I walked into my kitchen and exclaimed to my husband, “I sure am glad we both have life insurance.” Why I Spent Two Hours This Weekend Thinking About […]
The post Are You Suddenly Aware of Just How UNPrepared You Are for a Crisis? appeared first on Flow Financial Planning.
You work for a public company. Your RSUs are continuing to vest. The stock market and, more importantly, your company stock have dropped a lot in price. Even if you’ve […]
The post What Should I Do with My Vesting RSUs, Now that the Stock Market Is Tanking? appeared first on Flow Financial Planning.
Even as the coronavirus pandemic has upended much of how we understand our lives to work, it has made me wonder about a potential good impact: Will our lives feel […]
- Equity Recipients (RS/RSU SOP ESPP)
- Technology Professionals
- Women Professionals
- Women's Finance
Ways Advisor Charges
- Monthly Fee
- Quarterly Fee
- Flat Fee
- Monthly Fee: $500+/mo
- Quarterly Fee: $1,500+/qtr
- Flat Fee: $6,000+/engagement