Jake Northrup, CFP®, CSLP® Experience Your Wealth, LLC
- Virtual, Bristol, Rhode Island 02809
- (401) 227-7881
About Jake Northrup, CFP®, CSLP®, CFA
My name is Jake – I’m originally from Massachusetts, but currently live in Rhode Island with my high-maintenance wedding planner wife and dog (yes – both high maintenance!).
I previously worked at a financial planning firm in the Boston area servicing families with ~$5 million+ in net worth which taught me a very valuable lesson. Time is finite, whereas money is infinite.
We get trapped sacrificing our valuable time in the endless pursuit of earning more money when we don’t know how much money is “enough”. We make unnecessary sacrifices to save for “retirement” because that’s what we’re supposed to do… right? I’d argue no.
And thus, Experience Your Wealth was born. I launched EYW in 2019 to help travel-loving young families experience their money throughout their life and not just in “retirement”.
We’re shaking up the financial planning industry by bringing modern, life-centered financial planning advice and personal CFO-level service to our clients. We are completely remote, paperless and meet clients over Zoom with frequent guest appearances from kids, dogs, cats and whatever fun animals that may be around your home.
I love what I do – seriously, I nerd-out for it. I’ve spent countless hours learning as much as I can about financial planning and being involved in the community. Here are a few ways how:
– Named to the 2020 Investment News 40 Under 40 Class
– Named as a Top 23 Financial Planner for Millennials by Business Insider in 2020
– Named a Financial Advisor Magazine Young Advisor to Watch in 2021
– Earned the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®) designation
– Earned the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation
– Earned the Certified Student Loan Professional (CSLP®) designation
– Taught Retirement Planning and Employee Benefits at Boston University’s CFP® program
– Led the NexGen community for the Financial Planning Association (FPA) of Massachusetts
When I’m not wearing my financial planner hat, you can find me traveling around the world with my wife. Some of our favorite trips include Antarctica, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, Egypt, Iceland, Croatia and Greece (where we got married!).
Dog lovers required, travel enthusiasts encouraged!
Check out Jake’s blog here!
- Equity Recipients (RS/RSU SOP ESPP)
- FIRE (Financial Independence Retire Early)
- Gen Y/Millennials
- Student Loan Debt
Ways Advisor Charges
- Monthly Fee
- Quarterly Fee
- Flat Fee
- Monthly Fee: $416/mo
- Quarterly Fee: $1250/qtr
- Flat Fee: $2500/engagement