Hillel Katzeff, CFP®, MBA HK Financial
- 1315 Belleview Ave, Cardiff by the sea, CA 92007
- (858) 550-0425
About Hillel Katzeff, CFP®, MBA
Hillel formed HK Financial, Inc., a financial life planning and investment advisory firm in 1999, whose guiding message to clients is:
Envision your life. Live your Vision. We’re here to help.
HK Financial supports this by empowering individuals and families to attain financial and life goals by managing, protecting and growing personal wealth and facilitating a meaningful family conversation from generation to generation, with experienced and highly personalized advice.
Listening and Our Little Blue Box –
Working with his clients, Hillel learned that family communication and giving to be central to family unity and fulfillment. He developed a process called Our Little Blue Box to help families discuss issues they consider important, leading them to establish a MicroFoundation, a guide to accomplishing their family giving. The not-for-profit offers support and connections to other Micro Foundation’s at www.ourlittlebluebox.org.
Team Approach –
He believes in the Team Approach to helping clients achieve their goals by working closely with the clients’ team of advisors.
To help you navigate your financial future, Hillel will apply his over 30 years of experience in the Wall Street financial services industry including employment with: The Equitable Life Assurance Society of the United States, Integrated Resources Equity Corporation and Shearson Lehman Brothers, Inc.
He has built his business as a financial planner, initially with IDS/Ameriprise, then Sentra Securities Corporation, Pacific West Securities, Inc, and now as a fee-only Investment Advisor Representative with HK Financial.
HK Financial, Inc. is registered with the California Department of Corporations as a Registered Investment Adviser to offer consulting and advisory services on a fee basis. Schwab Advisory Services and TD AmeriTrade are the primary custodians for advisory accounts.
Hillel is a graduate of Muhlenberg College, Allentown, Pennsylvania, where he earned his BA in Economics and Business Administration in 1982. He also earned his Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree from the Lubin Graduate School of Business at Pace University in New York City in 1984.
Personal and Professional Information –
– Financial Planning Association (San Diego chapter) – Past President, 2008 fpasandiego.org
– Doors of Change, Cardiff, CA – Planned Giving Director, 2005 – present. doorsofchange.org
– Estate Planning Council of San Diego, member since 1997. epcsd.org
– Rotary Youth Exchange Program – from Cape Town, South Africa to Hampton, Iowa 1978.
Passions: Family, Swimming, Yoga, Music and Saving Homeless Youth.
- Baby Boomers
- Engineering Professionals
- Established Professionals
- Intergenerational Families
Ways Advisor Charges
- Quarterly Fee
- Assets Under Management
- Please see my Client Brochure (Form ADV) for fee related information.
- Quarterly fee for Financial Life Planning (A-1) starts at: $2,500/quarter.
- Quarterly fee for Investment Advisory Services (A-2) starts at: 0.375% with break points for portfolios over $250,000, the minimum portfolio size.