Gabriel Kaplan, CFP®, CPA Wealth Habits
- 303 E 83rd Street #15B, New York, NY 10028
- (917) 789-1770
About Gabriel Kaplan, CFP®, CPA
I’m Gabriel Kaplan, New York City-based CFP® CPA, and the founder of Wealth Habits. My primary specialty is working with rising professionals in the NYC Metro Area who are in the early-to-mid stages of their careers. I also work with entrepreneurs and small business owners across the country.
I provide my clients with practical financial planning and investment management services on an ongoing basis to help them build and protect wealth so they can provide the best opportunities for themselves and their families.
– How much should I be saving? What should I prioritize first?
– What are the tax consequences of XYZ?
– How much can I afford to spend on a home without affecting my other goals?
– What investments should I choose for my 403(b) / 401(k)?
Together we can clarify your priorities, establish your goals, figure out solutions, decide on a plan of action, and answer the above questions.
I was born in Sweden and grew up in South America. After living and working internationally, I settled in NYC. I’m married to a neurologist, and we are planning on building a family. Prior to becoming a financial planner, I worked in asset management, tax, and consulting.
My interests are—hiking, running, photography, and going on food touring in new places.
Credentials and Education:
– Certified Financial Planner TM
– Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
– MBA from NYU Stern School of Business
– Masters in Business Taxation from Univ. Southern California
– BSE from the University of Pennsylvania
– I am a straight talker who will give honest and unbiased answers
– I don’t believe in the one-size-fits-all approach
– My fee-only structure allows me to put my clients’ interests first
– I don’t accept any referral fees
If you are considering financial planning help, please set up a FREE consultation.
Communication is one of the most important tools in any relationship. Whether it be your spouse, children, friends, or coworkers, good communication can go a long way to establishing trust, honesty, and openness, strengthening your relationships. But communication isn’t always easy, especially where finances are concerned. So many people are uncomfortable talking about money with …
According to Moving.com, the average cost of a local move is $1,250 and a long-distance move more than triples at $4,500. These averages are based on moving a two-three bedroom home. Those are big numbers that can really impact your budget and spending throughout the year. But moving doesn’t have to break the bank. I’d …
When you set goals for yourself, you have incentive and motivation to make them happen. These goals are especially important in your financial life. When you create financial goals, you can use them as the benchmark for your decisions when it comes to saving, investing, and more. One long-term financial goal that I hear my …
The post 3 Habits To Help You Prioritize Financial Independence appeared first on Wealth Habits.
- Business Owners
- Equity Recipients (RS/RSU SOP ESPP)
- Gen Y/Millennials
- Self-Employed Individuals
Ways Advisor Charges
- Monthly Fee
- Flat Fee
- Assets Under Management
- Monthly Fee: $250+/mo
- Flat Fee: $750+/engagement
- Hourly Fee: $250+/hr
- AUM: .75%