Gabriel Kaplan, CFP®, CPA Wealth Habits
- 303 E 83rd Street #15B, New York, NY 10028
- (917) 789-1770
About Gabriel Kaplan, CFP®, CPA
I’m Gabriel Kaplan, New York City-based CFP® CPA, and the founder of Wealth Habits. My primary specialty is working with rising professionals in the NYC Metro Area who are in the early-to-mid stages of their careers. I also work with entrepreneurs and small business owners across the country.
I provide my clients with practical financial planning and investment management services on an ongoing basis to help them build and protect wealth so they can provide the best opportunities for themselves and their families.
– How much should I be saving? What should I prioritize first?
– What are the tax consequences of XYZ?
– How much can I afford to spend on a home without affecting my other goals?
– What investments should I choose for my 403(b) / 401(k)?
Together we can clarify your priorities, establish your goals, figure out solutions, decide on a plan of action, and answer the above questions.
I was born in Sweden and grew up in South America. After living and working internationally, I settled in NYC. I’m married to a neurologist, and we are planning on building a family. Prior to becoming a financial planner, I worked in asset management, tax, and consulting.
My interests are—hiking, running, photography, and going on food touring in new places.
Credentials and Education:
– Certified Financial Planner TM
– Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
– MBA from NYU Stern School of Business
– Masters in Business Taxation from Univ. Southern California
– BSE from the University of Pennsylvania
– I am a straight talker who will give honest and unbiased answers
– I don’t believe in the one-size-fits-all approach
– My fee-only structure allows me to put my clients’ interests first
– I don’t accept any referral fees
If you are considering financial planning help, please set up a FREE consultation.
A Restricted Stock Unit, or RSU, is a form of stock-based compensation often given to employees at larger scale technology companies. The RSUs will eventually vest and unlike other stock options, have immediate value. Many employees discount their RSUs due to the level of complexity and jargon flooding the industry, and I would like to …
A non-qualified stock option (NSO or NQSO), is a form of stock-based compensation that can be offered to an employee as part of their package. Many smaller companies employ the use of NSOs in lieu of salary increases or bonuses because they won’t need access to immediate cash. NSOs can be a great tool for …
We all have many financial goals, anywhere from starting a family, to buying a house, to saving for retirement, to funding education expenses. But prioritizing those goals is a different story. With so many needs, it can be difficult to separate saving for both long-term and short-term financial goals. One pair in particular many parents …
- Business Owners
- Equity Recipients (RS/RSU SOP ESPP)
- Gen Y/Millennials
- Self-Employed Individuals
Ways Advisor Charges
- Monthly Fee
- Flat Fee
- Assets Under Management
- Monthly Fee: $250+/mo
- Flat Fee: $750+/engagement
- Hourly Fee: $250+/hr
- AUM: .75%