Gabriel Kaplan, CFP®, CPA Wealth Habits
- 27 Claremont Road, Scarsdale, NY 10583
- (917) 789-1770
About Gabriel Kaplan, CFP®, CPA
I’m Gabriel Kaplan, CFP® CPA, and the founder of Wealth Habits. My firm offers integrated financial planning. I focus on clients that are financially motivated, place a high value on their time, and want advice that is tailored to their unique situation.
I also provide the following specialized services:
(1) Financial planning services for tech professionals with equity compensation
Focus on optimizing equity compensation for founders and tech professionals. Whether you have Incentive Stock Options (ISOs), Non-qualified Stock Options (NQSOs), RSUs, or anything else, I can help you navigate your divestment and diversification strategy in a tax optimized way.
(2) Advisory services for small business owners
Services include helping small business owners set up retirement benefits, tax opportunities, risk mitigation, and business transition.
(3) Retirement Planning & Investment Management
Help you understand how you should be preparing for retirement.
Assist you in identifying portfolio options, risk levels, minimizing expenses.
Who makes a good candidate for retirement planning and investment management?
(a) If you need help understanding how much you should save and where you should invest in preparation for retirement
(b) If investing is an emotionally charged activity that leads you to act in ways that undermine your interests
(c) If you are a busy professional with little time to devote to your investments
No minimum level of assets is required.
– How many ISOs can I exercise before hitting the AMT?
– What investments should I choose for my 403(b) / 401(k)?
– How much should I be saving? What should I prioritize first?
– How much can I afford to spend on a home without affecting my other goals?
– What are the tax consequences of XYZ?
Together we can clarify your priorities, establish your goals, figure out solutions, and decide on a plan of action.
I was born in Sweden and grew up in South America. After living and working internationally, I settled in NYC. I’m married to a neurologist, and we are building a family. Prior to becoming a financial planner, I worked in asset management, tax, and consulting.
My interests are:
biking, photography, and exploring new places (when not in a pandemic).
Credentials and Education:
– Certified Financial Planner ™
– Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
– MBA from NYU Stern School of Business
– Masters in Business Taxation from the University of Southern California
– BSE from the University of Pennsylvania
– I don’t believe in the one-size-fits-all approach
– My fee-only structure allows me to put my clients’ interests first
If you are considering financial planning help, please set up a FREE consultation.
Series I Savings Bonds issued by the U.S. government that pays an interest rate that is a combination of a fixed rate that stays the same for the life of the bond and an inflation rate that is set twice a year. At time of writing, the interest on a Series I bond issued from May 2022 through October 2022 was 9.62%.
Here’s what you need to know about these unique securities.
Owning a car can be a significant expense that eats into your bank account each month. Aside from the upfront purchase, you also have to worry about long-term expenses associated with maintenance, gasoline, and insurance coverage. Worry not – there are many strategies you can adopt to minimize costs. Below, we discuss the best time to buy a car, money-saving features, and more. With these tips and tricks, you can avoid paying too much, while staying on the road with a car that meets your needs.
Debt can be sneaky. Balances on loans and credit cards that accrue interest can force you to pay more than you anticipated, eat away at your monthly cash flow, and make it difficult to save for the future. And since debt lowers your total net worth, it can make achieving big-picture goals, like buying a house or car, more difficult. However, debt is practically inevitable in today’s financial landscape.