About Richard Jakotowicz, CFP®, CFA®, MSF
Hello, I’m Rich Jakotowicz and I am the founder of Benchmark Financial, where I help families secure their financial future. I started Benchmark Financial so that I can give my clients the best possible advice given their specific set of circumstances. I have met too many people who received poor financial advice or were sold financial products that were not appropriate for them. It shouldn’t be that way. I formed Benchmark Financial to provide wealth management services as a fully independent adviser who can make decisions with my clients best interest in mind.
I have spent over two decades working and teaching financial planning at the JP Morgan Private Bank, TIAA-CREF, and currently at the University of Delaware. Because of my industry expertise and my genuine passion for helping individuals achieve their goals, I give my clients the advice they need and the personalized relationship they want.
When I’m not working, I can be found playing with my kids in the yard or at the beach. I live in Greenville, Delaware with my wife, two sons, and our dog, Buddy.
In addition to working with my clients, I am a Financial Planning Instructor at the University of Delaware. My responsibilities at the university also include:
– Director of the Financial Planning and Wealth Management Major
– Director of the Geltzeiler Trading Center
– Adviser to the Blue Hen Investment Club
– My University of Delaware website: sites.udel.edu/richj
My involvement in the community:
– Member of the CFA Society of Philadelphia Board of Directors
– Member of the A.I. DuPont Hospital for Children Planned Giving Committee
– Member of the Appoquinimink School District NAF Academy Board
– Member of the St. Anthony of Padua Grade School Board
– Member of the Financial Planning Association of Philadelphia
– Member of the Delaware Society for Financial Services Professionals
My financial credentials:
– Certified Financial Planner (CFP®)
– Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
– Masters Degree in Finance